Spotted: Blair Waldorf sitting on the steps of The Met waiting on her minions. As many people know I am obsessed with Gossip Girl. Why I have not posted about it before is beyond me. Besides the scandal and drama, my favorite part of Gossip Girl is the fashion. I am also a firm believer in the fact that Blair Waldorf is my spirit animal. So naturally, I had to impersonate her and sit high up on the steps at The Met.
Instead of talking about all the fashion on Gossip Girl, we are going to focus on the oh so fabulous Blair Cornelia Waldorf. We are going to learn the cardinal rules of fashion according to Queen B herself.
- Wearing sweats in public is not acceptable. No matter if you are getting coffee or just running an errand. If you got in a car accident or pulled over for a ticket would you want to be in sweatpants?
- Horizontal stripes can be flattering if worn correctly.
- Always store a pair of flip-flops in your purse. What if you have to walk farther than expected? You can’t scratch up your heels. Your red bottoms and your feet will thank you later.
- Get your style inspiration from classic movies. Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Thelma and Louise, etc.
- No one does Tartan like Alexander McQueen. This speaks for itself.
- It is possible to create a cute outfit with different hues of the same color. Remember the green outfit she is wearing when Chuck brings her gifts and tells her he loves her?
- It is ok to match your shoes to your purse. Not identically… unless you are the Queen of England.
- Always sit like a lady. It also gives you the perfect chance to show of your shoes and your jewels.
- Tweed will never die.
- Animal print is not tacky if it is in small quantities.
- The best accessory is a headband. This is her signature.
- Black tie does not have to mean boring. You can still be glam.
- Classics are classics for a reason.
- Always stand up. Slouching is not attractive and you never know if someone is snapping a picture of you.
- Pastels are not only for spring.
- Tights are not pants.
- Always follow the dress code of a party. It is just respectful.
- Red accessories are always acceptable.
- Diamonds are a girl’s best friend and the perfect addition to every outfit.
- When in doubt, go designer.
I aspire to have the closet of Queen B and the confidence too. Until then you know you love me xoxo, Gossip Girl.